LINEARIZER COMMUNICATIONS GROUP
Embedded Firmware and Software Engineer
Linear Photonics is a leading supplier of RF on fiber analog communications equipment. Our products include modules with bandwidths up to 60 GHz and are designed for both commercial and harsh environments. In addition, a unique line of time and frequency distribution systems have been developed.
Linear Photonics is developing products using an SoC-based processor such as PSoC or Zynq. We are looking for a software and firmware engineer to develop the overall programming environment. This includes both the low-level design of the hardware interface as well as the customer GUI. This is a chance to have a lead role in product development. The designs may include custom FPGA implementations.
This position will work closely with the hardware design team to develop real time control algorithms. They will also work with product line management and customers to develop interfaces that meet technician and customer needs.
- Experience with SoCs such as PSoC or Zynq.
- Experience with the design of hardware interfaces such as I2C, RS-232 and SPI.
- Experience with embedded Linux systems, especially on ARM cores.
- BS degree or equivalent experience in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience creating web-based GUIs or Qt/GTK-based GUIs is a plus.
- Experience with FPGA design is a plus.
- US citizenship required.
This position is located at our Hamilton, NJ location.
Linear Photonics is an equal opportunity employer.